I have no idea what this is and it has nothing whatsoever to do with this post. Looks like the character from an uplifting children's show about a porcupine with dandruff. It's just the first thing that popped up when I did a Google Image search for "Flaky". You're welcome.




Lately it seems I'm a flake-magnet.

I'm not referring to a scalp condition or even cereal here, though.

I'm talking about flaky people.

People who say one thing, then do another.

People who put on their "Jesus Pants" and go to church and then post pictures of the latest bar they visited on Facebook.

People who say they believe one thing, but obviously don't live it.


Yeah, I could choose not to look or just pray for them (and I do a lot of both) but it still bothers me.

It's especially frustrating to me in people that I see greatness. They have such potential but they are too engulfed in the things and trappings of this world to even look up.

Sadly, there isn't a special laser to zap out the flakes of this world.

I can focus on me though, and make sure I don't get flaky.
"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." Matthew 5:37

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
I know how hard it is to trust, let alone be around, a flaky person. Let's work on being as flake-less as possible, mmkay?

I'm going to go have some cereal now.

-Jenn


QUESTION:
Have you ever met a flaky person?


Categories: