Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.
Rediscover You.  

When I heard the words of the song by Starfield a while ago, it hit home for me.  I'm Andy, and I have been a Christian for a long time.  I have had spurts where I have had a regular bible reading time, and I have prayed longer prayers on occasion but never have felt that I was really dedicating my life to Jesus like I am supposed to.

If you feel that way as well, I invite you to join me on the journey to rediscover Jesus and how we should live like him.  We will go through the book of Matthew starting today and going through the Christmas season.   

Matthew 1
A lot of genealogy!   Usually this is where I start speed-skimming, but I wanted to try to examine it deeper and try to understand why it was put in there.  I noticed one big thing, that it goes out of its way to mention an illegitimate child in the lineage of Jesus in 1:6 - 

David was the father of Solomon (whose mother was Bathsheba, the widow of Uriah).
The story behind that, David saw Bathsheba one day and had to have her, even though she was married to Uriah, one of David's most loyal commanders.  So he has an affair with her then sends Uriah to the front of the battlefield to cover up the infidelity!  It sounds like something straight out of some movie, but that despicable act was still used to bring Jesus to this world!

If you have ever felt like the mistakes you have made mean you can't do good things for God, let this be a good reminder that no matter what you have done in the past, it is never too late to Rediscover Jesus and life a life that touches many!

Categories:

2 Responses so far.

  1. 1jennifer says:

    Last night's message at church was from this very scripture. Except the emphasis was on even Jesus didn't come from a perfect background and God used the some of the questionable women in the Bible, for example Tamar and Rahab. Love when God confirms messages like this, Thanks for following the leading of the Lord with this scripture. Jennifer

  2. Parrish says:

    I am looking forward to going through this. Listening to The House and going to church is great, but not enough. I am hoping there will be a lot of people participating as I love hearing how scripture touches individuals.