Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.
Rediscover You. 
Looking at Matthew chapter 2 today, it goes through the wise men visiting Jesus, asking Herod for directions, then realizing it might not be a good idea to let him know where Jesus is. 

This is one of those things that I forgot about Jesus' story.  His parents must have thought that now that Jesus was born, that things would start going better.  It was already hard enough with trying to explain to people that Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, and now they have to go to Egypt and hang out there till Herod died.

I can imagine what that journey would be like with a newborn baby, leaving a familiar place to go to a foreign land to escape death, they probably had a lot of questions, including "God what are you doing?"

I end up asking that a lot.  When things don't happen as quickly as I would like or happen the opposite as I planned, I throw my hands up in the air and question God's plan. 

Just like my 4 year old son who has a hard time understanding why he can't open the presents he sees under the tree at grandma and grandpa's house.  I tell him to be patient, and the time will come to open them, but he doesn't understand time like I do, or know what events will happen past the next few minutes. 

God has the full panoramic view of your life.  He knows exactly what you need and how long you need to do it to fulfill your purpose in him.  It is rarely (or ever) in the time I would like,  but that doesn't mean God has given up on me, it is the opposite actually.  For just like if I gave into my son with his every request, God also knows what is best and guides my heart past the wants of this world to the wants of His world.

Categories: