Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.
Stand For What's Right.
 3 Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, 4 for John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her.”  8 Prompted by her mother, she said, “Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.” 11 His head was brought in on a platter and given to the girl, who carried it to her mother. 
I don't remember what exactly it was that I got in trouble for, but I vividly remember sitting in the office of the place I worked as a teen getting ready for some sort of punishment and seeing a poster on the wall.  It said "Stand up for what's right, even if you are standing alone."

That has stood with me since then, and the story from how John the Baptist died reminded me again that a lot of the time, saying the right thing and saying the right thing is tough and goes against the flow of what everyone else is doing.  It might be awkward, embarrassing, or may even be costly in one way or another.  It may even cost you your life someday.  But never be discouraged in doing the right thing, and asking God to give you guidance and strength to do it!

Categories: