Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.
Can You Believe It?
5 When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer[b] came and pleaded with him, 6 “Lord, my young servant[c] lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”
 7 Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”
 8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 
 10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel! ... 13 Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” 
 What has happened in your life because you believed?  It is incredible to think of the things that start with faith.  Faith in ourselves, faith in others, most importantly faith in God.  And it takes more than just saying "I believe."

The Roman Officer's servant was healed because he truly believed that Jesus could heal just by saying the word.  Not just SAYING but Believing, and that may be the hardest part.

I am really good at talking.  (Good thing I get paid to do that on a daily basis, right?)  But, I have said things that I, for one reason or another, have not truly believed.  Sometimes it is fear and uncertainty.  Sometimes it is doubt and inadequacy. But when I can break through those problems and believe that there is a God that truly cares for me, has a plan for my life, and can perform miracles, then belief comes, faith is strengthened, and lives can be changed!

So, believe today!  What do you have to lose, and what is the alternative?  Not believing that God is as powerful as he says?  You lose nothing and have everything to gain! 

Categories: