Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.
Rediscover You. 
8 Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. 9 Don’t just say to each other, ‘We’re safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.’ That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones. 10 Even now the ax of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.
How often have I had the thought that I was safe in a situation because I'm a pretty good person, or that I go to church regularly.  John the baptist says the above things to the Pharisees and Sadducees, two groups of people that spent lots of time in Church debating things and acting like they were better than anyone else, but their life did not prove that they had truly turned to God.

It's a good reminder and gut check to me to ask this question every day: "Am I Producing Good Fruit?"   Whether at work, at home, or just driving around town, am I proving by the way I live that I have turned to God?  It's not enough to go to church or even KNOW what the bible says.  I've gotta live it out for it to make a difference at all!

Categories: