Rediscover you.  A quest to
re-examine the life of Jesus.

Love Stinks.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?

What am I doing more than others?  Good question.  It’s easy to show love to people that you like to be around, but that person that even a mention of their name makes your skin crawl?  Well that is a little tougher.

I was reminded of an old college roommate who I didn’t get along with very well during my freshman year of College.    It’s the last person that I have ever told that I hated.  Yesterday I saw a status update of his on Facebook, and memories flooded back about how much he would drive me crazy. 

It’s a good reminder for me that, yes, even that college roommate needed to be shown love, and I would argue, more love than anyone else in my life. 

And that’s why love stinks,  or true love at least. 

Because true love is hard and messy and sometimes it means you are wrestling with yourself about why you even give someone a nice word when all they do is harass you.  it’s getting mud (and other smellier things) thrown at you over and over again, and while you are smelly from the mess being thrown your way, you are throwing nothing back but love.  Love and prayers.  let God’s rain clean the mess and wash the mud away.  All you have to do is Love… especially when it stinks.

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. Unknown says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.